Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The first day of School for Brycen!!!!

August 13, 2008....The first of school for Brycen! It was a very anticipated day. One where we would have to go to bed early, and then get up early! If you know us here at the Denton's, getting up early rarely happens!! So, here we are trying to get everyone in the bed at 9:00, when we didn't even get home until 9:15! We had baths to give, and a backpack to make sure we had EVERYTHING on the supply list in. I was feeling a little stressed! But again God is faithful. Dad came home alittle earlier than expected to help me get everyone in the bed. As I laid in the bed trying to scramble my brain to make sure I had everything done, I sat and thought about how just a few years ago, I sat up just holding Brycen, and thinking "I can't believe I am a MOM!" Now I am here saying " I can't believe my baby is going to school!"
This morning went well! I started my coffee, and then made sure all the morning needs were met. Then I went to get everyone up! Oh, how I dreaded this! I began with Ty since he is hardest, and I hate to disturb a peaceful sleeper. He is so much like his dad, you never know how he may wake up, so you have to be careful and soooooo sweet to start them off right! Then I went to Brycen. He was so big. Bigger than I remember just last night! I rubbed his back, and I gently reminded him today was the first day of school. He just moaned and rolled over. I continued to rub, and talked softly to tell him today was going to be a great day! Then he responded with, "Mom retell me again to get up" in his little sleepy voice. I didn't quite understand what he meant, and then he asked me again "Mom do it again!" So I told him again to wake up and that today was the first day of school! And without a second thought, he jumped out of bed, and ran down stairs! I chuckled and I thought, "This is probably going to be one of few times in his school career that that ever happens!"
We got breakfast, and everyone was ready to go and it was just 7:20 AM! So off we go! Brycen's backpack was almost as big as he is! As we drove to school, I asked him what he wanted to pray for. He responded with just a few requests....."Pray that I have a good day at school, and that I don't get into trouble. Pray that Nannie's twisted ankle gets better, because it is worser!" With these requests, I prayed a simple prayer with the background music of Colton screaming "Juiccccceeeeee, Mamma." Oh, how sweet the ride to school is going to be!
As we arrive at school, Daddy and Ty beat us there which upset Brycen! Then we get out of the car and poor little Brycen is loaded down with all of supplies! He reminds us he knows how to get to his class, so we allow him to lead us! He made it! Oh my goodness, he made it! He walked right in and put his lunch box, and his water bottle right where it belongs. This impressed Mrs. P. Then he put his folder where it belonged and the teacher asked him to sit down and write his name, and begin his first activity. I stand amazed at how well he is doing. I could cry, but I am so proud and so thankful for such a great little boy. As we walked out Brad looked at me and said he is going to do great! I know that, but the fact is he is in kindergarten and he is going to be in school all day everyday for the next 15 years of his life. I can't protect him from everything anymore. I can't watch him do all the amazing things he does every second of the day. I miss him already!!! School has just be going on now for about an hour! I swore I wasn't going to cry, but I must admit I have shed a few tears!
God is so good to us! We have 3 healthy little boys! All of which, are amazing! Thank you Lord for every blessing, every day! Especially today, this the first day of school!

2 comments:

akbishop1 said...

I love your blog! I can't believe how fast he has grown up! You turn around twice and their grown. You guys are raising some great boys! I love you,
Angie

The Owen Family said...

He is going to do great!!! You will have to call me and let me know how the first day went!!!