Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Off to preschool with the Second One!!

Okay, not that sending one to kindergarten was easy, but sending the second one to preschool for the first day was pretty hard! Ty started preschool/mdo today at Wallace. It is a day that I thought would be extremely difficult! Not that I would breakdown any worse than when Brycen went to school, but that Ty would decide that he didn't want to go to school, and that he would rather go to Nannie's! Brad and I have been trying to make a big deal about him starting school as well as Brycen. Ty has a tendency to be shy, and more reserved. He is uncomfortable in a unusual setting, and he likes to be in control of his situation. He has cried now for about 3 months when I drop him off at sunday school! So I just could imagine how well this school thing was going to go! I don't do well when he cries when I leave him and I just dreaded this day, the first day of preschool, when it was inevitable that he would cry and tell me he wanted to go with me. Still Brad and I bought him items for school, just as if he were going to big school. We would try to remember to comment about preschool when we passed it! Anything would be better, than just showing up on the 25th and dropping him off! So last night, as I fixed dinner, I commented on how tomorrow was the "Big Day!" Oh, how his little face lite up! His smile was one of pride, excitement and anticipation. He knew his teachers name, and he knew two other girls in his class. One of which, has been his long time girlfriend, Cadence. After bath time, Ty climbed out of the bathtub, and said,"Mommy, I am going to use my manners at school tomorrow, and say Yes, mam, and no mam." I just about cried right then! The fact that he already wanted to please his teacher, made me realize that things were going to go well today!
I got Brycen up this morning and soon, we had to go and shake Daddy one more time, as a wake up call. As Brycen was eating breakfast, I heard the foot steps of the one who is always the last to get up, and the one who I dread to wake up! You see once again, Ty is just like his Daddy. You never know who is going to crawl out of bed each morning, I am careful to rub, sooth, and softly wake up he and his dad! But this morning he was in no need of a wake up call! He was "school boy!" He once again beamed with pride with the thought of today being the day he was to go to school! I beamed with pride just knowing that God had once again been faithful to answer my prayers! I know that He doesn't answer all prayers, but I do know that if I sought Him with all my heart and that if I put my trust in Him, He is faithful and just to know the desires of my heart! I love my boys more than anything and I only want what is best for them just as any other parent does, but Ty is once again special. I tend to want to shelter him due to various reasons, his shyness, his accident, and him being "the middle child." I wanted him to feel confident, and assured that he would be successful in learning new things, and meeting new friends!
Just as I did each day I drove Brycen to school, I asked Ty what he wanted to pray for before we got to school. And without hesitation, he replied "that I have a great day at school today!". So with that prayer in mind, I whispered a prayer for God to continue to watch over him today, and to hide Himself in Ty's heart that he would have a great day at school today! What more could I have prayed for!
As we walked into the breeze way of school, he stood a little taller, and he walked with a skip in his step, because he was the "school boy" today, and he couldn't have been more confident! Brad once again, made fun of the "annual staff" mom who kept snapping pictures, but I knew I wanted to capture every expression, every moment of this part of Ty's life. I want a record of "His Big Day" just as I had one of Brycen's.
Ty successfully found his room, greeted Mrs. Joan, with smile, and even found his name written just above his coat hook! Once again I shed a few tears for this is a mark of responsibility. He went on in the room and he found new friends, and found a new exciting part of his life, that he can call his own! I can't wait to hear all the new adventures that preschool is to bring in Ty's life!
Thank you Lord once again for entrusting us with these three boys! I feel so unworthy to call them each my own! I pray that each day, Brad and I do our part to ensure that they each are being molded into who God wants them to be, and being taught the things He wants them to be taught! Thank you Lord!

1 comment:

The Owen Family said...

Way to go Ty for your first day of school!! I hope he had a great day and many more to come!!!

The Owen Family